Viagra: best choice to treat erectile dysfunction

John Rogers

John Rogers

General Practioner at The Royal Melbourne Hospital
I am a GP working in Melbourne, AU. My special interests are male health and erectile dysfunction.
John Rogers

Impotence has been a problem for men for the past five hundred years. In fact, the rate of erectile dysfunction has only grown. Did you know that roughly six and a half million men get erectile dysfunction each and every year? Another incredible fact is that impotence can strike as young as 6 years old! That’s right folks, don’t think because you are young that you are immune. While it’s not widely reported, it’s become a serious epidemic among the male populations. Countries such as Australia have been hit the hardest in the past two years.

While the situation may be dire. Modern medicine has made a number of viable options for men that are suffering from erectile dysfunction. One of the best options available is Viagra and we will be talking about how this little miracle in a pill has helped millions of men. Viagra has been around since late 2003 and has since become the most used medication to treat erectile dysfunction in men. If you talk to you have spoken to your doctor about your impotence concerns, there is no doubt that he or she has brought Viagra to your attention and you are just researching.

So what exactly does Viagra do for men who take it? To answer that question we need to get to the root of the cause of male impotence as a whole. In 85% of cases, the cause of a man getting erectile dysfunction is poor blood flow. The body is truly a remarkable machine as it takes precautions to preserve itself in the face of ailments. When the body has poor blood circulation, one of the defense mechanisms is to minimize blood flow to certain areas of the body. In this case, you guessed it, the penis takes a back seat to the rest of the body.

What Viagra does is allow the body to have better circulation by relaxing blood vessels in the lower regions of the body. This will allow those who use Viagra to form erections naturally. While we are on that topic, I want to clear up a common misconception about Viagra. This is not a pill that forces the user to have an erection. Once you take the pill and it has been absorbed in your system, the erection will not happen unless you are properly stimulated. After all, your partner has to do some of the work am I right?

Most people that are researching Viagra usually do it for two reasons. The first one is to see if the medication will work for them and the second is to know about any potential heal risks. Viagra has a high success rate in about 85% of clinical cases. Most of the other 15% usually have a more serious health condition that is preventing men from having erections. One well-known condition is congestive heart failure. If you have no serious medical conditions that have to do with the blood then Viagra is almost certain to work in your favor.

In terms of health issues, Viagra does have a small list of common side effects among its users. The most reported are upset stomach, a headache, or muscles aches. As a user myself I can tell you that you should have Viagra after you’ve eaten something so it won’t mess up your stomach. Other than those side effects there really isn’t anything you have to worry about. I will say if you have high blood pressure or heart problems, it would be a good idea t consult your doctor before giving Viagra a try. I say this because the pill won’t function properly under those conditions and you may not notice any change in your condition. If you have tried Viagra before and have no noticeable change I suggest you visit your doctor right away as it can be a sign of a serious health issue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *